Alberione Media Awards
29th Sunday in Ordinary Time (C)
October 16, 2016
The First Reading encourages us to defy fatigue (to be persistent) in doing God’s work.
The Second Reading encourages us to remain faithful (to be persistent)
The Gospel Reading encourages to pray persistently.
No one should get tired of praying. No Christian should give up praying.
1. Today is Sunday for Cultures.
2. What concrete attitudes do we bear and have, to enter into dialogue with cultures? (HM)
MERCY TO THE REPENTANT...
30th SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
WORLD MISSION SUNDAY
OCTOBER 23, 2016
The First Reading teaches us that the prayer of the humble and the lowly are acceptable to God.
The Second Reading teaches us that in our des- perate situation God is with us. We are not alone in our sufferings. Like St. Paul, we have to acknowledge his presence. This is prayer.
The Gospel Reading teaches us that we should be humble when we pray.
1. Today is World Mission Sunday.
2. In this Year of Mercy what are the concrete activities we can show to the world we are missionaries in our own right. Discuss.
3. Narrate an occasion of forgiveness you your- self have experienced. What were the effects in you?
REPENTANCE: RESPONSE TO GOD'S MERCY
31st SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
OCTOBER 30, 2016
The First Reading, in prayer form, tells of God’s mercy to all beings.
The Second Reading tells us about the coming of Jesus which brings about our fulfillment and glo- rification. (It is a result of God’s mercy.)
The Gospel Reading tells us how Zacchaeus is found by Jesus. Jesus goes to him because of his mercy.
1. Today is Prison Awareness Sunday.
2. Many prisoners have already shown remorse and repentance. Though some are even victims of injustice or the justice system which according to some, seems to favor the rich than the poor. Let us pray for the continuing conversion of our prisoners.